Monday, November 18, 2013

Batman Vs Superman news: Christian Bale talks about THE 'Batman Voice' and advises Ben Affleck


Christian Bale sat down with MTV to talk about his latest movie Into The Furnace , what reporters were also asking Bale about Batman and The Voice...which led to him bringing up Ben Affleck.

Here is a snippet of the interview:
 Bale said, “It’s an interesting thing, you know what I mean. We were finished. Chris [Nolan] and I said before we started making Dark Knight Rises, ‘This is it. This is the finale. We’re going out.’ ’ And then a year later, people said, ‘That’s it? You’re going out?’ And we went, ‘We’ve kind of been saying that for a couple of years.’”

Talking about THE voice he used for Batman, Bale explains in details:

"I got there. They put me in Val Kilmer's suit. It didn't even fit properly, and I stood in it and I went 'I feel like an idiot.' What kind of guy walks around, dressed like a bat? And is then going to go 'Hello, how are you? Just ignore that I'm dressed as a bat.' Of course, he's meant to be doing this," Bale said. "If you look at the history of the guy and the pain that he went through. I went 'I can't do this in a normal voice. I have to become a beast in order to sell this to myself.' "
Even though that voice would go on to define what people thought of Batman's voice, the initial reviews of Bale's audition weren't as sterling as his later ones. "I went home that evening, and my wife said, 'How'd it go?' I went, 'I kind of did this.' And I showed her, and she went, 'Oh, you f---ed that one up, didn't you?' " he said. "Thank God they went for it."

No comments:

Post a Comment