Saturday, November 23, 2013

Marvel's upcoming Ant-Man film, Ant-Man The infamously Forgotten


I read my share of Marvel comics when I grew up, and I can't ever recall Ant-Man ever being part of, or associated with any of my favorite series, not X-Men, not Spiderman, not Ghost Rider, not Daredevil, was he even featured in the Infinity Gauntlet?...but apparently he made some friends over at the Avengers and through the years Ant-Man has had different characters assume the title hero (Really? That many people wanted to be Ant-Man?)

Anything that has come from Marvel in the last few years have been major box office success, despite many being panned by critics.
Ant-Man will probably be another success despite the lack of notoriety of said superhero.
Oh and just to remind you all that Joseph Gordon-Levitt is in talks to play the man ant..man...ant-man.

Edgar Wright (The Worlds End) is directing and he has some very nice things to say about the people hiring him and the movie he is set to direct.
Here is Wright in an interview with IGN:
“I’ve known Kevin Feige [Marvel Entertainment's Co-President] for years and in that time I’ve always has this treatment, which is now becoming a movie. So the idea has never really wavered. And I think what me and Joe [Cornish] wrote, and what the people who have read it say, is that it really feels like a great Marvel yarn. And that was sort of the intention, but you will definitely also still see my stamp on it. The nice thing about doing one of these things is that I loved the comics growing up. So if I was making a Marvel movie, I would want it to feel like a Marvel comic.
You’ll see when you see the movie that we’ve definitely written interesting takes on different characters… Of course you need great actors, and I think that’s actually what they’ve done so far in their casting is actually kind of been to cast surprising actors. They haven’t gone for the most obvious people. I think from the first movie onwards. People forget that back in 2007 that Robert Downey Jr. was a gamble for them. Now when he’s the biggest star on the planet nobody remembers that. But it’s a great way to start and they’ve sort of continued with that casting throughout in terms of casting great people, and interesting people, and people you wouldn’t expect.”

No comments:

Post a Comment